As we leave the tropical dry forest, these images remain in my mind:
- Furry raccoon-faced coatis rubber-nosing through the fallen leaves for delicious morsels, their plush tails waving like flags.
- Earnest acacia ants ferociously patrolling their aboreal kingdom, resident larva, and fatty-golden food droplets.
- Giant 6 inch grasshoppers with red and black pleated wings.
- Scaly iguanas basking in the sun before bolting into the rain gutter
- Wrinkled gremlin-faced bats with neck folds like ski mufflers
- Woody serpentine vines embroidering the forests like ric-rac
- Skies filled to overflowing with crystalline stars, spilling down into a many-eyed marsh.